Inter eye up summer move for Carlos Tevez as Diego Milito replacment
In the last week there have been rumours of Genoa wanting to re-sign Inters treble winning hero Diego Milito after he has spent most of this season on the sidelines due to ongoing injuries. As sad as i’d be to see Milito leave Inter it has to be said that when he has played this season he’s been no where near as influential as he was last season and rumours that are flying around today make this that little bit more bearable as reports suggest that President Moratti has got his eye on Manchester City’s want away captain Carlos Tevez.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Italian giants Inter are ready to make their move for the City captain, who they see as a replacement for Diego Milito, when the transfer window reopens in June. Both Inter president Massimo Moratti and manager Leonardo are big fans of Tevez and are well aware that the Argentine is unsettled at Eastlands.
Corriere dello Sport says Inter intermediaries have already made contact with Tevez’s representatives to register their interest. Of course if this deal goes ahead then Inter will forget about making a move for Udinese’s star Alexis Sanchez, though they face a tough fight for Tevez’s signiture as Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona are all reported to be monitoring the 27 year old’s status at Eastlands. That being said Inter coach Leonardo is hopeful of luring the former Manchester United forward away from the Premier League, and linking him up with our strike force of Eto’o and Pazzini.
City won’t let him go easily though as last month they were reported to be ready to increase Tevez’s weekly wage to nearly £300,000-a-week as they look to keep him at the club, with officials at the City of Manchester Stadium weary that the former West Ham player will again listen to his closest advisor, Kia Joorabchian, and seek a move at the end of the current campaign.
According to Sky Italia, Inter Milan are also still chasing Tottenham Hotspur playmaker Luka Modric despite the Premier League club’s insistence their pint-sized schemer is not for sale.
The diminutive Croatian has been one of the outstanding performers in England’s top tier this season, and as a result both Manchester United and Chelsea have been strongly linked with the 25-year-old.
Tottenham reportedly value their star playmaker at £50 million in an effort to deter the former Dinamo Zagreb star’s mounting list of admirers, but Sky Italia intimate Inter Milan remain interested in the midfielder, who has already earned 44 caps for the national side. This is a stupendous amount of money for Inter so it adds weight to the rumours that Wesley Sneijder will be moving to one of the top Premiership sides in the summer, hopefully this is just rumour as i would rather see Sneijder stay than be replaced by Modric.
Last month it was reported Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to bring Modric to Old Trafford as a long term successor to veteran Paul Scholes, while Chelsea were credited with an interest in the January transfer market, although neither club are likely to sanction offers that would appease Spurs into selling a player that has been instrumental in their impressive season to date.
As is always the case with rumours at this stage of the season it remains to be seen if any of these reported potential transfers will materialise by June but it does show that Inter are definitely in the market for a big money signing this year.
Posted on March 8, 2011, in Misc., Transfers and tagged Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City, Milito, Modric, Nerazzurri, Real Madrid, Serie A, Sneijder, Tevez, Transfers. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.